Yes, you will be serviced as a walk-in, but it is preferable to make a booking so that you are guaranteed help on that specific day within your scheduled time slot, provided the system is online.
The department of home affairs has launched the Branch Appointment Booking System(BABS) which allows citizens to register online for a slot to be helped. The department has warned that selected Home Affairs offices will process smart ID and passport applications only for clients who have booked an appointment through the Branch Appointment System.
Citizens that book via the BABS have a dedicated counter where they are serviced
How to book on the eHome Affairs BABS
It’s quick and easy to book an appointment on the BABS.
- Step 1: Visit www.dha.gov.za.
- Step 2: Click on BABS.
- Step 3: Enter your South African ID number.
- Step 4: Enter your other personal details in the fields provided.
- Step 5: Select your province, city and branch.
- Step 6: Click on select timeslots.