Do foreigners qualify for the unemployment sassa 350 srd grant ?

Yes, they do, but only permanent residents, refugees, asylum seekers, or citizens of Lesotho, Angola, or Zimbabwe who have special permits and are on the Home Affairs database.

These people should also meet the other requirements for eligibility, which are:

between 18 and 60 years old;
Not working; not getting any money from the government for himself or herself;
Not receiving unemployment insurance benefits and not eligible to receive unemployment insurance benefits;
Not getting a stipend from the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) and other financial aid. Not getting any other government COVID-19 response support. Not living in a government-funded or subsidized institution.
If you meet the above requirements, you should try to get the R350 SRD grant.

Grant applications for R350 must be sent to Sassa online using one of the following platforms:

SASSA website –
Email –
Text: 082 046 8553 (Send this number a Whatsapp message. Make sure the Whatsapp message has your name, last name, and ID number. You will then get a message that tells you what you need to do next.)
USSD line: Call 1347737# and do what it says.
Go to to use GovChat.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *