You will be required to submit an application to the Department of Home Affairs in order to make a request for permanent residency in South Africa. The procedure for applying for permanent residency can be difficult, and it is strongly recommended to seek the assistance of an immigration attorney in order to make certain that all of the necessary documentation is submitted in the appropriate manner.
To apply for permanent residency, you will need to provide the following documents:
- A completed application form (Form BI-1738).
- A valid passport.
- Two passport-size photographs.
- Proof of residence in South Africa for at least five years.
- A police clearance certificate from all countries where you have lived for more than 12 months in the past 10 years.
- A medical certificate.
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate (if applicable).
- Payment of the required application fee.
In addition to these documents, you may also need to provide additional documentation depending on your specific circumstances, such as proof of employment, proof of financial means, or proof of family ties in South Africa.
It is worth noting that the application process for permanent residency can take several months to complete and that the final decision on your application will be made by the Department of Home Affairs.