If your Sassa grant has been approved but has not yet been paid by Sassa, or if no payment date has been given, you must double-check your banking information to see if it is correct. You should also double-check that your banking information matches the information you submitted to Sassa. To learn how to update your banking details see: https://navigatingsouthafrica.co.za/how-can-i-update-my-bank-details-with-sassa/
Sassa has advised beneficiaries to verify their grant status on a daily basis, by visiting the SRD website: https://srd.sassa.gov.za/sc19/status.
If your Sassa grant is authorised but no pay date has been given, it signifies that payment has not yet been processed but will be soon. It is important to remember that SASSA is processing millions of claims at a time.
How do you check if your Sassa application status is approved or not online?
- Go to the Sassa website: https://srd.sassa.gov.za/.
- Scroll down the page until you see “Application status”
- Click on “Click here to check online”
- Fill in the information as required
- Click the submit button.
- You will get a notification whether your application is approved or not.