The following people are eligible to file a claim with the road accident fund in South Africa:
- A person who was injured in the accident (other than the driver who was the sole cause of the accident);
- A breadwinner’s dependent who has died;
- A deceased’s close relative who paid for the funeral; and
- A claimant who is under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or curator ad litem.
- For more information on submitting a claim, see the Claims procedure section.
You cannot make a claim to the RAF if you:
- You were the only cause of the accident since you were the driver and owner of the car.
- You were the only person engaged in the accident for example if you drive your car into a tree of an obstruction on the road.
For more information, see https://www.raf.co.za