How do I fix mistakes/errors on my ID?

if you receive your ID and it has problems, you have the option of applying to have it changed by the Department of Home Affairs at no additional cost to you. In order to accomplish this, you will be required to go to any office of the Department of Home Affairs and hand in the documents listed below:

Forms BI-9 and BI-309, both of which have been filled out with the appropriate information
Documentation demonstrating the inaccuracy, such as a birth certificate updated to reflect the right information, is required.
Two pictures in full color for use as ID (Note: If you are applying at a smartcard office, you do not need to provide photographs as ID images will be captured digitally).

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *