If you need to renew your passport, you can do so quickly and easily through the eHomeAffairs website. The entire process can be completed online.
- The first thing you need to do is register an account. To accomplish this, simply navigate to the eHomeAffairs website and follow the on-screen instructions to compile a profile containing your individual details. You will need to come up with a password in addition to providing answers to a few security questions.
- In addition to this, you will be expected to record a one-time pin that will be sent to your mobile device. At this point, you will need to append a photocopy of your identification. After you have finished these steps, you will be able to submit an application for the renewal of your passport using the online system.
- The subsequent action, which is to make the required payment, is up next. In order to accomplish this goal, you will need to visit the eHomeAffairs website and enter the information that is required regarding your bank account.
- After that, you will have to access your online banking account and add the Department of Home Affairs as a beneficiary there. In order to authorise the R400 payment to the Department of Home Affairs, you will need to follow the instructions for the payment and enter your reference number.
- After the Department of Home Affairs has confirmed that your payment was received, you will be able to move on to the subsequent step, which is the collection of your biometric information. There are two different ways to go about doing this.
- The first option available is to go to a department of Home Affairs. You are not required to make an appointment; all you need to do is go to the branch that is most convenient for you and have your biometrics taken. You are going to want to bring your identification book with you.
- The second choice is to go to a bank branch that has Home Affairs services available. Residents of Cape Town, Johannesburg, and Pretoria are the only ones who can choose to go with this option. At the bank branch nearest to you, you will need to make an appointment in order to have your biometrics analysed.
- On the eHomeAffairs website, you’ll find a list of bank branches that are equipped with the appropriate technology. Following the selection of a time slot by the user, a confirmation will be sent to the user via SMS and email. When you go to the branch of your local bank, don’t forget to bring your identification book as well as the confirmation email or text message that you received.
After you have submitted your fingerprints and other biometric data, all that is left for you to do is wait for a notification that your passport is now ready to be collected. You will be able to pick up your passport at either the department of Home Affairs or the bank branch where your biometrics were taken, whichever one was used during the enrollment process. It is essential that you are aware that you have a window of time of ninety days to collect your passport from the date on which your biometrics were captured. Should you fail to pick up your passport within the allotted time frame, your application will be automatically cancelled, and you will be required to begin the process all over again. If you follow these instructions, you will be able to renew your passport through the eHomeAffairs website in a manner that is both simple and quick.