- be a parent, primary caregiver or a foster parent appointed by the court
- be a South African citizen or permanent resident
- not earn more than R223 200 a year if you are single. Your combined income should not be above R446 400 a year if you are married.
Note: This income limit does not apply to foster parents.
The child must:
- be younger than 18 years
- not be cared for permanently in a state institution
- have a severe disability and need full-time and special care.
Both you and the child must live in South Africa.
Note: A state medical officer must assess the child before the grant will be approved.
learn more about sassa here: https://navigatingsouthafrica.co.za/what-is-sassa-everything-you-need-to-know/